The new generation home and office security have moved beyond single-layer human security, and the new homes now boast of solutions that were only featured as awe-inspiring mechanisms worthy of a James Bond movie a few years back. Fast forward to 2015 and the new age homes feature 24/7 mobile surveillance, intelligent motion sensors doubling up with home automation features to remotely control gadgets too.
With the cost of such solutions reducing significantly, there are plenty of , home offices and larger commercial establishments that can help with following key features:
- Motion Detectors: Helps detect intruder motion in restricted areas like hallways, stairs etc
- Doors and Window Sensors: Sensors that get activated as soon as a window or door is opened during restricted hours or after-hours.
- Thermostat: Maintains room temperatures within the desirable range with alarms getting activated when the temperature crosses the range like in an R&D lab or manufacturing units
- Light controls: Used to manage lighting in specific areas remotely, especially at homes, hallways etc.
- Real-time monitoring: Integrated app features that report real-time conditions on a handy table or mobile device for parameters to be monitored and controlled remotely.
- Smart Video cameras: Tracks kids and pets at home with alarm getting activated when they move towards restricted zone.
- Access control: Manages access to homes, premises or designated areas within the premises through biometric or card-based access control, 2-step access control with a verification at a central server etc.
These home automation and security systems lead to complete peace of mind, manage your regulation or compliance processes and improve the effectiveness of human monitoring. Some key vendors that are globally revered for their security solutions include Honeywell, ADT, Omnivision, NEST.